Friday, November 30, 2012

Oh so many happenings... :)


 Okay, so I have not posted updates in a whiiiile.  Here goes:


Life: Has been pretty good.  I’ve been sick for the past week or so, but other than that I’ve been fine.  Today my camera came in the mail!!!!!! That’s pretty exciting. I can’t play with it yet since it is a graduation present, but I’m still very excited.  I ordered it on Black Friday because Canon had a good deal going on.  Can’t wait to start taking pictures!  Speaking of graduation, Kyle's parents got him a 60" television.  It's huge! A little over a month ago I started reading Les Miserables, but I haven’t had a chance to really get through it.  I’m only on page 80 or so of over 900.  Hopefully once school is over I’ll have more time to do that.  I would really like to finish it before the movie comes out.  I might have time to read some at my temporary job this weekend.  It’s a caregiver/companion job where I hang out with this guy and help him out when needed.  I’m nervous but excited.  Plus, the hours are good so I’ll be getting extra money right before the holidays.  The remodel on the house is coming along.  The kitchen should be finished today.  The whole house has been painted (inside and out), the deck is finished, the family room wine bar area is all done, our living room fireplace is done, and the new structure out by our pool is coming along nicely.

Oh!!!!!!! I cannot believe I didn’t start with this!!! Kyle and I got an apartment!!!!!!!!!! We move in in two weeks!! I am so so so so so excited!!!!! We also got a couch, an ottoman, and a rug for the apartment.  I will try my best to get lots of before and after pictures.  We have to move in and unpack really quickly so that I can decorate for Christmas.

So school is going really well, a bit busy and crazy, but well none-the-less.  I’m pulling in solid A’s in all of my classes right now, and I don’t see why I shouldn’t be able to maintain that for the next 2 weeks.  I’m all set for graduation.  I met with a counselor this past Tuesday and he said I’m good with all of my classes and units to finish in two weeks.  I’ll still walk in the spring though. 

Wedding: Okay! So since I last posted I’ve done a couple different things.  I went to the Bridal Bazaar with my sister and mom and it was….interesting?  I wouldn’t say it was fun, but it wasn’t horrible.  There were just a lot of pushy vendors and since I’m not actually getting married here, I couldn’t use any of them.  We went to get ideas for decoration and what not, but there wasn’t much of that.  The fashion show was fun though.  Lots of pretty dresses.  And the male models for menswear were very nice to look at. ;) We took my rings in to get cleaned a little while back and I got to see my wedding band again.  It's just as pretty as I remember. :) Two weeks ago Kyle and I went to a travel seminar put on by AAA and Trafalgar and ended up meeting with a AAA agent to book our honeymoon! We put down the deposit and the rest is due in March.  We’re going to Canada and I could not be more excited! We fly into Calgary, then head up to Jasper, then to Banff, then Kamloops, and finally we end the trip in Vancouver. Along the way we get to explore a glacier, visit a couple national parks, go on a hike up a mountain and along a lake, and take a train through the Canadian Rockies.  I cannot wait to take amazing pictures with my new camera on this amazing trip!!!  So, the day after this, Kyle and I took our engagement pictures up in Julian and the day could not have been more perfect!  We had so much fun and my wonderful friend Kathryn took the pictures. Okay, so then last weekend I went dress shopping with my mom and sister!! I had so much fun!! I tried on probably 8 dresses, maybe more? I fell in love with one, but we agreed that it was a bit too early to order the dress so we made an appointment to go back in January. I’m also having Kyle’s mom and sister come with us so they can see the dress. I felt so beautiful in it and it really felt like it was me. 

Weight: So I joined Weight Watchers again.  This time Liz is doing it with me, so I’m hopeful that I’ll reach my goal weight this time.  15.6 pounds to go! Wish me luck!
The Ginormous 60" TV Kyle got as a graduation present!

Celebrating booking our honeymoon with Dippin' Dots!

My gorgeous wedding band that I love so much. :)

On our way to take the engagement pictures.

In Julian.
So, as you can see, I’ve been quite busy and haven’t had much time to post updates.  It’s possible I forgot something (I had to go back and add a bit to this because I kept remembering things) so if I remember I’ll make sure to update.  I also probably won’t be posting another update for 3 weeks or so because of the move and school finishing up.  I’ll try my best to post something before the New Year though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment