Sunday, September 30, 2012

Teeny tiny pity party...which isn't so teeny tiny

Life: So school is school.  My classes are not interesting at all and I'm just counting the days until I'm done.  I got one of my tests back from the last week and I got an 86%.  I'm happy with that considering I did not know what to focus on while I was studying and thought I failed the test!  I get my Developmental Pscyh test back on Tuesday and then sometime next week or the week after get my essay exam back for History of Ideas. 

So this week I've really been missing Colorado.  I want to move back there so much.  I'm considering talking to Kyle about moving right after I'm done with school, but I don't know if either of us is ready for that.  I'd be really sad to leave all of my friends and family behind, but I just can't stay here anymore.  California never felt like my home, just a place I was staying until I could get back to Colorado.  I miss fall and the changing leaves, the crisp air, snow, spring when all the flowers would come out again, and summers that aren't 100 degrees.  

The remodel will be officially moving indoors this week, so that should be interesting.  We'll have to find places to move the furniture and I might be spending a few nights at Kyle's while my room gets worked on.  I'm most excited about the kitchen.  I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. :)

Oh, on Friday Kyle and I had a date night. :)  We went to Black Angus (which was sooooo good!) and then to the movies to see Looper.  It was a little too violent for me.  I couldn't watch a bunch of the scenes.  Overall, though it was a nice evening, especially since I hadn't seen Kyle since the previous Friday.
Excited for a delicious dinner at Black Angus!
Meet Ricky Rico, the adorable frog Katrina rescued and then we released back into the wild!

Wedding: Okay, so I know that I am always going to be the one who is most excited about the wedding, but I wish my family would at least sometimes acknowledge that they're aware I'm getting married.  I know life is crazy for my parents right now with the remodel and that has their focus, but I would really love to start doing wedding related things.  For instance, I want to go wedding dress shopping so very badly!!  I see so many beautiful gowns and I just want to see what they would look like on me so I can figure out the exact style I'm looking for.  I also really want my family and Kyle's family to meet, but that seems to be impossible to arrange.  They never seem to be available at the same time.  It's so frustrating.  ..... I just keep waiting for things to feel real.  With nothing happening it still just feels like before when Kyle and I were dating and would talk about our wedding day.  I also really wish my parents would actually tell me what my budget is.  Saying, "find out what things cost and we'll figure it out" is NOT helpful!! I can't work with that.  I really, really appreciate that they are paying for the wedding, but it's almost more frustrating because I can't make any decisions since they're never available/want to talk about the wedding.  Each day, I'm more and more inclined to just take a weekend trip with Kyle somewhere and get married.  I just wish my family was more excited about this..... Okay, end rant.

Weight:
I lost again this week!! I'm so excited!  Went on two more 5 mile walks and they both felt so good!  Tomorrow, Katrina and I are going to a Zumba class and then I plan on going on three walks this week.  Hopefully that will result in more weight lost!  I calculated it out and if I lose a pound a week I'll reach my weight goal by my goal date.  (130 lbs by January 1st, 2013).  If not though, I won't be heartbroken.  A pound a week is kind of a tall order.  As long as I'm my goal weight by my final dress fitting, I'll be good. (Of course, at this rate, that won't be until like a month before the wedding)  Oh! I also lost a little in inches, so that's good. :)  So here are the stats for this week:

Starting weight: 144.4 lbs

September 30th, 2012: 143.6 lbs (-0.4 lbs from last week)

waist: 26.25 in (-0.25 in from last month)
thigh: 23.50 in (+0.25 in)
bicep: 11.00 in (-0.25 in)
hips: 35.00 in (-0.75 in)
chest: 34.00 in (-0.25 in)

No comments:

Post a Comment